Saturday 23 September 2017

Hanging Art Work (mirrors etc)


I mentioned a while ago I had real life notes on hanging art work in a house and that I found them really useful.  It took a while to find them as I now know them by heart having moved through many home incarnations and so I have not had to look at them for a while.  Finally they emerged, so here they are.  As always pretty much anything you find in big world can be transcribed down to minis - hope this is a useful memo for you too.







9 comments:

  1. A handy reference to take the guesswork out of hanging paintings, prints or portraits whether in real life or in miniature...thank you for sharing! I'm sure it will be a worthwhile sheet to refer to in the near future! Cheers, Alayne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to say I bet everyone does all that instinctively but not so.... the amount of times I see pictures and mirrors hung far too high on walls belies it! So if you do know it all already it is nice to see how clever you are and if you don't then it is something to think about. m

      Delete
  2. Hello Marilyn,
    Thank you for posting these great hanging instructions.
    Big hug
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't imagine you ever get it wrong but nice to know there is a sort of 'science' to it. M

      Delete
  3. Very wonderful information, Marion! Thank you for resolving to find it and share it with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope someone finds it useful, but I talk to such talented folk probably not🙂

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very interesting instruction. Thank you! For me, the height of the picture is always a problem. Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome. Somehow it jars when its not right. Marilyn

      Delete

To prevent spam your comments come to me first. I will be as fast as I can to post them and reply. Please do leave a message.