Tuesday 12 March 2019

Spree finale

I mentioned when sharing my purchases with you in a previous post, that I was waiting for one to arrive... well here it is and is soooo worth the slight delay.

There is a double joy in 'gift' world (and yes, these are gifts from me to me) when it is presented beautifully.....



This is the teeniest tiniest box (just over 2 x 2 inches) all tied up with soft pink string, containing my entire 'order'.

More unwrapping and here we (almost) are....  don't you just love the home made one inch brown envelopes....  and labelling.




I bet you had no idea what the loose objects were for.  Here it is mid-assembly.  In the background you can see the tiny pebbles which Alma sent.  I thought I might be clever and set the items in sand; seen here. I was wrong they look much better as they should be, sitting happily in the pebbles.



Et voila, a lovely little Buddha, candle and incense sticks; measuring one and a quarter inches by three eighths, in perfect scale and all the items beautifully made and balanced with each other



I also bought three very nicely made cookbooks for my French student's kitchen



Here is their creator:


On a much more mundane level I was also waiting for some micro beads to arrive.  I mentioned them recently when making the bedding.  I had already bought sand from Hobbycraft for future cushions around the place but then decided to order the beads after all.

Here they are for comparison:


beads left, sand right

As you can see the sand is probably slightly larger and, of course, more bumpy than the beads but it does have a nice weight to it and keeps cushions and pillows where you want them.  This photo is very enlarged, the sand is very fine sugary sand.

A downside to the beads is their desire to escape....  do nothing with them unless you work over a box lid or tray or something to catch them.  This shows just about four inches of my desk, the really errant ones reached a couple of feet across the surface in all directions and on to the floor.  they are pretty invisible, but bare feet will find them easily.



13 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. She makes some lovely things I want her spice jars and pasta next

      Delete
  2. Beads should be nicknamed Houdini for their escape attempts.

    I love your little incense holder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fouff! Houdini was a rank amateur compared to these. I will be finding them forever...... like tealeaves and sugar, life of their own. You get to the point where you believe they are actually mocking you....... not a well woman! I blame it all on micro beads.

      Delete
  3. Haha, don't I know that bit about 'bare feet will find them'!
    Your serenity tray with Buddah and candle is gorgeous, and perfectly balanced, as you say.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is remarkably calming even on this scale.

      Delete
  4. Hello Marilyn,
    How lovely. The incense tray is beautiful and I love those books. I really have to look into those micro beads.
    Big hug
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is the sweetest thing. I love it when I find something unexpected but turns out to be just what I want. I got the beads from eBay. I have always been able to find them at American shows but not in the UK.

      Delete
    2. Sorry, meant to say, if you don't mind fiddling around with them they do give a better effect than any stuffing in pillows and cushions in the scale.

      Delete
  5. Your gifts to yourself were made even more enjoyable by the careful and lovely way in which they were packaged and how Marvellous that they have more than exceeded your expectations! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were indeed a mini joy and will continue in the same vein.

      Delete
  6. I'm a great believer in treats from me to me too. The incense tray is a lovely find (and thanks for the link to her site) as are the books. You did well with all your little purchases.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alma does do lovely little items - just that little bit different. She makes to order, plus Netherlands posting, so it can take a bit of time but worth the wait and after all there really isn't any hurry on 'dressing' items.

      Delete

To prevent spam your comments come to me first. I will be as fast as I can to post them and reply. Please do leave a message.