Saturday 8 October 2016

Adding details - the Rec Room

Having so (not) enjoyed the furniture making debacle it was time to cheer myself up with some bits and bobs to finish off the basement.

I have a small collection of the tiniest shells I could find on our beaches in Naples (Florida) so was determined they were going in.  [ in mini fantasy world Joanne has the same addiction and has a shell collection from their holiday home in the sun.]



small basket filled with shells I have collected


desk area begun


Joanne's shell bits and bobs and Simon's cell phone to start the TV unit


Cheque book from Valerie Claire

I made a cheque book (Valerie Claire's kit) I added in cheque stubs to make it more realistic before realising it is out of scale..... a bit on the large side.  That said I do remember working somewhere where I had large business cheques????  For now it is tucked on a shelf

I made the card house when I did my first project, the rest are purchases.  Paper dolls are from from Mini McGregor and the 'plane and fortune teller were made by a little boy - his first venture into selling his mini origami - he is the third generation of Ron Stetkewicz to make minis.

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, just need a few hundred more things.... Marilyn

      Delete
  2. I LOVE the cheque book Marilyn! Hardly see them in real life anymore do you so it is a good reminder of how life USED to be! :D
    I am quite charmed by the paper dolls, and the fortune teller. They remind me of when I was growing up.
    They are Perfect!

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They seemed to use them a lot still in Florida - we half lived there until last winter. They have certainly become defunct over here (UK). This made me search out mine and the last cheque I wrote was two years ago! Might just cut it down to look like a notebook. The paper plane was so much my son and the paper dolls I used to try to interest my daughter in (along with crafty/arty stuff) so they are a nod to time spent with my children. My son also liked building house of cards (rainy Sunday afternoon sort of thing) I need a dainty pair of scissors for the table - they are on my list. Marilyn

      Delete
  3. Hello Marilyn,
    what a lovely collection of shells you have. the checkbook is a wonderful miniature item. I also have seen some large checks so I think they can work. The TV and Bookcase units are beautiful, but I must say your card house really caught my attention. Well done!
    Big hug
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to have a competition with my best friend when she visited us in Naples to find the smallest shells each time we were on the beach. She won! I need inspiration now to fill the shelves - trip to Ikea coming up, with a camera...... Marilyn

      Delete

To prevent spam your comments come to me first. I will be as fast as I can to post them and reply. Please do leave a message.