Wednesday 21 October 2015

Really, truly...well probably....last purchase ever from American eBay

Whenever I am here I overdose on American eBay for minis.  There's a running average of about 150,000 items even if you restrict it to USA only, compared to about 70,000 in the UK.  That said, when you consider comparative size of the two countries, UK is doing much better pro rata.  The heck with statistics I just have more to go at over here.

So here's my last find/bargain:


It is probably a Houseworks item but was described as having come out of an estate sale dolls house, so it was a bit of a punt as to condition and if it was working OK.  Seller said it was.


Hey presto, it was.  Here's a reminder of how to test your lights easily.  Just a nine volt battery and split the wires and touch each to a terminal.  Doesn't matter which one to which.

I am struggling to find a plainish chandelier for the dining room even if I was prepared to pay an arm and a leg for it.  These Houseworks ones cost about twenty pounds at home, I think.  I got this for twelve dollars including postage so I am pleased with my last find.  Also at that price if I do find the perfect one before I come to need it, this won't be a huge loss.


No comments:

Post a Comment

To prevent spam your comments come to me first. I will be as fast as I can to post them and reply. Please do leave a message.